HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 08:06 AM
zmax hunter
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Shaft 'Em (25) Thread

Hey guys, sry i havent been arund much lately, I have a friend here hunting with me from Georgia, this morning is the first time i've slept in in a week, we are seeing some good bucks and i really dont quite know how to explain what happened to me, imagine if you will, a buck standing broadside @30 yards, i released the arrow and heard a caraack! buck ran off 40 yards turned and looked at me and blew twice then just walked away, this was before the sun was up. anyway, iwaited till about 9 then went to search for blood and such, i found my arrows nock laying just between the bucks front and rear hoof marks where the shoot happened, the buck wheeled a 180 when he ran off, i found the back 6" of my arrow laying 8 steps toward my position, about 24', from where the buck was standing, i could not find any more partds to the arrow, i think i must have hit him in the shoulder. i still cant imagine what would break the arrow just in front of the vanes.perhaps when he wheeled around his antlers snapped it off. i just dont know.