HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you all Deal with "anti-hunter" inlaws?
Old 11-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Stoningtonwhitetail
Fork Horn

Default RE: How do you all Deal with "anti-hunter" inlaws?

Thank you for your posts....I always try to not talk to her about it or either bring it up around her, but my son knew what I was bringing home "the bullets and doe scent" and I didnt know my mother-in-law was over...so it was hard when he brought it up first, I couldnt get away fast enough before she had to open her mouth...she is very opinionated, and yes I should not from 8 years but as I said she is getting much worse over the past few years...I am thinking because of my boys, she thinks I will "taint" them....well I guess my father and grandfather and great-grandfathers were all wrong ......right? as I type this my 5 year old is playing cabela's big game hunting....

anyways I agree that I shouldnt bring it up around her to keep the family in good standing...but as you can see this time it was a bit out of my hands....anyways I just wanted to vent....and thank you for your posts.....my final thought is there is no winning.....just hard to have my wife's mom so opinionated....at least my wife is all for it.....