HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you all Deal with "anti-hunter" inlaws?
Old 11-09-2008, 03:18 PM
jrbsr
Super Moderator

Default RE: How do you all Deal with "anti-hunter" inlaws?

ORIGINAL: Stoningtonwhitetail

I am posting this because of a recent discussion I had with my mother-in-law. Yesterday I bought a new box of ammo for my .308 and when I brought it home, my mother-in-law was over. I was showing the bullets to my 5 year old son, he is really interested in hunting already. I looked over and she gave me a look of disgust and said...."how can you justify that" I asked what she meant and she said "how can you justify that, that bullet would kill an inocent animal"...I shook my head and that began a debate about hunting....she mentioned that we arent starving and that we should just go the the store to buy food and that I hunt for only the joy of killing something....again I just shook my head and told her to visit a farm and see her cow next time and how it is raised, just to beeaten,before she eats it....I AM SO FRUSTRATED with these kind of people and I have a mother-in-law, I knew it ahead of time and have been married for 8 years, but it just is getting worse...Finally, I was showing the doe scents to my boys and she again had to comment and said to me that I was a cheater....anyways sorry for the long post but I had to vent!!! THANKS.
Tell her that at least the deer have a 50/50 chance to get away.
But the animals at the slauther house don't have any chance.

At least the deer aren't pumped full of antibotics, and steroids, like farm animals are.

And deer meat is leaner.

That makes deer healther to eat.

JMHO