HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you all Deal with "anti-hunter" inlaws?
Old 11-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Stoningtonwhitetail
Fork Horn

Default How do you all Deal with "anti-hunter" inlaws?

I am posting this because of a recent discussion I had with my mother-in-law. Yesterday I bought a new box of ammo for my .308 and when I brought it home, my mother-in-law was over. I was showing the bullets to my 5 year old son, he is really interested in hunting already. I looked over and she gave me a look of disgust and said...."how can you justify that" I asked what she meant and she said "how can you justify that, that bullet would kill an inocent animal"...I shook my head and that began a debate about hunting....she mentioned that we arent starving and that we should just go the the store to buy food and that I hunt for only the joy of killing something....again I just shook my head and told her to visit a farm and see her cow next time and how it is raised, just to beeaten,before she eats it....I AM SO FRUSTRATED with these kind of people and I have a mother-in-law, I knew it ahead of time and have been married for 8 years, but it just is getting worse...Finally, I was showing the doe scents to my boys and she again had to comment and said to me that I was a cheater....anyways sorry for the long post but I had to vent!!! THANKS.