HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'll try again...
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 10:33 PM
no_skill

Default I'll try again...

Ok, my dad does not hunt and neither did I until 2 years ago. I've researched all I could about hunting, I know just about as much as you can from reading articles and books about Deer hunting and still to this day I haven't claimed one. It's getting really depressing for me and quite discouraging.

My first season, I made a permanent stand in a spot about 50 yards from a deer trail so it was a really bad spot...
My second season I setup in a great spot, right over a trail they have been taking from their bedding area, straight to their primary food source. I seen a Doe and a Fawn creeping in my way and I got too anxious and jumped the gun. So to bring you guys up to date this is how my third season is looking.

I've been going out and looking for signs of deer all over the place but I found only one that looks promising. I seen tracks by the thousands over in this area, some were fresh some were old but their were many. I also found that they moved their bedding area about 30 yards from this spot, I also found a scrape. So the day before yesterday I put a climbing stand on a tree that overlooks my spot. However it's pretty open and I think if I moved I could easily be seen (if anyone has some sort of remedy to that let me know, like camo-flauging your stand or something) I'm about 15 feet off the ground but still yet its pretty open through my shooting lane. Other than that I think its a great setup.

Does anyone got any suggestions on how I can lure a deer my way? As I think it's pre rut time here in North Carolina and I can't learn everything from the books. Any calls I should go get, anything that I should try. I'm open to anything as I'm starting to get bored with this. All I want is just one deer just so I can say I've done it.

SPC.Prater