HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My bucks can tell time...Seriously.
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Kojak248
Spike

Default RE: My bucks can tell time...Seriously.

ORIGINAL: jklink

I would set it to throw slightly earlier and less feed. that will force them to come earlier or not at all. that is the risk you must be willing to take. you can also try to trick them by lets say setting your feeder 1 1/2 hours before dark to throw half as much as youve been throwing and then again 1/2 hour before dark to 15 min before dark to throw the other half. don't know why, but i've heard that worked before. they also sell an auto matic feeder that is like a trough that opens at daylight and closes at night time allowing deer to eat as much as they want during the day, but do not get fed at night. my last suggestion is to move your feeder closer to where the bucks are coming from, so it dosen't take them as long to get to your feeder.
I can't move any closer to where the bucks are coming from as I'm already just off the property line from a no hunting area by less than a 100 yards. Both you and ranger have suggested cutting back on how much is fed so I think that may be the avenue I take. I can cut out that noon feeding time, change the evening times to what you suggested, and I may even change the morning feeding time, too. Although the bucks aren't there in the AM.

Thanks!