HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WARNING-SAGE MOUTAIN OUTFITTERS
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 11:35 AM
elkhuntinut
Typical Buck

Default RE: WARNING-SAGE MOUTAIN OUTFITTERS

That is a shame for sure. Its an expensive way to learn if someone is of their word or not. Personally I like a list of the hunters that have hunted with them the last three years (as long as its a short list) before I commit. When I was in Colorado this year the person I hunt with, we had a discussion about the outfitters who are looking to sell a spot and nothing more.

I can say this, a friend of mine who I elk hunt with, drew a good a tag in a good state only to find out that he was "sold" a not so good unit, when in fact he had 3 points more than needed. One more year would of put in him the chance for a better unit....long story short it wasn't what he thought, but heck that outfitter runs 80 archery elk hunters during the season..which was not known be either of us..

Keep in mind that not all outfitters are alike, but it does take some time to find one that is honest..

ORIGINAL: huntingson

ORIGINAL: elkhuntinut

huntingson, one question, how did you get contacted with them ??

Sucks to plan and wait for your trip only for it to turn out like that.
Tom Nelson has hunted with them for years, and I was stupid enough to accept his word as the truth. Although, in his defense, they probably do treat him much differently since he gives them so much advertisement. I just believe that a businessman would treat every client the same. Unfortunately, that is simply not the case.

I also should have mentioned that the last week of the season they allowed the guy hunting with Wolf Creek productions to shoot one at 52 yards. Another hole in this guy's story.