HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Indiana bow shops
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 02:00 PM
rynigner
Fork Horn

Default RE: Indiana bow shops

I bought my wife a Hoyt Kobalt from them about 2 months ago, and have been going there for over 2 years. Prior to that the only thing remotely pricey I had purchased from them were new arrows. During the off months I generally go in a couple times a month to shoot, and about weekly during season. When they are slow if I need a little tweak here and there they would usually do it w/o charging me. They also have spent time on the range with me whenever I was having an issue. They have spent quite a bit of time with my wife helping her with her form (even before the new bow). Most of my friends have stopped going to GM, which they live closer to, in favor of the Outdoorsman. Primarily because their knowledge and customer service is far better. It sucks that your first encounter with them put a sour taste in your mouth, but I would recommend giving them another shot. There have been times when I went in there certain that an adjustment was off, and they told me it was right and left it at that. For my own piece of mind I started to pick their brains to understand the "why." Unless they were busy they have always been glad to teach me about something new... I have learned tons from those guys. My current bow is at least six years old, and my old bow is closer to twenty. I'm sure they would rather sell me a new bow (which when the time comes will be from them) than work on another old bow, but they have never given me a hard time about it or push the issue....