HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how to draw back
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 10:21 AM
IL_BOW_MAN
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: how to draw back

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Several things come to mind.

Secondly, try to draw on the deer while their head is behind something or, if he's got his head down and is walking, you can get away with it....sometimes. The key here is to have the bow pointed directly at them and draw slowly and smoothly while they are walking. If you're pulling too much weight, you'll sky your bow and make a lot of movement. A good way to find out if you are pulling too much is to put on every single peice of hunting clothing you'll wear, sit flat on your butt on the floor and try to pull the bow slowly and smoothly without moving the bow. If you can't, there is a good chance you are pulling too much weight.

I couldn't agree with this more!! This is one of the first things that came to my mind. I see a lot of people that can't pull their bow back without turning, raising and doing weird things with there body. It took me many years to find the sweet spot in poundage so that I can keep my bow on target during the entire draw cycle. When I am shooting targets, 9 times out of 10 I am within 6" of the spot I want to aim once I reach full draw. Very little to no move ment side to side. All my movement is moving away from the target and it is less that the deer might catch moving.