HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)
Old 11-02-2008, 05:32 PM
NY/Al
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

This weekend was full of too early to shoot scenarios, and trespassers....

Had to boot 5 different guys out of out hunting land, pretty much makes for some terrible hunting. Thats why I really dont enjoy hunting the weekend that much. Last night after dealing with all of the intruders I decided to go where I knew I wouldnt see anyone. Its a little hardwood opening inbetween two hemlock groves and a swamp. I never have hunted this spot, since its about 1.5 miles in, and im generally lazy and satasfied with the deer I am seeing closer to home, but I had to venture out. I seen a 4pt chasing a doe all over the place, she was no where near interested, but he was looking for some action. He was young and desperate, and ive been in his shoes before, so I decided to let him walk[8D]. After that I seen 4 more bucks, one was a shooter 8pt but he was just out of range, didnt quite put my climber in the right spot. They were all about 50-60 yards off.

Tonight was more of the same, no shooters but one little 6pt outa ways. The bucks are starting to sniff around a little but so i'll be checking out some doe groups in the morning, I like to keep tabs on them the best I can, expecially the little ones early.

Good luck everyone, this is our time to shine!