HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)
Old 11-02-2008, 02:59 PM
130woodman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

Hey Dave way to go on the 8. (Pics)? Do you want to shed some light on how you do it.?

Well boys I just got back from the worst 4 days of hunting in over 10 years. 1 buck 2 does and 1 was to early to see what it was but I think it was a buck. I didn't take the bow out until this morning because I didn't have a buck tag and I was trying to get the wife on 1.

This morning my wife said she had enough. So I went out to a stand I hung in April. I haven't been back since. I get up there and had 1 come through early,so after about 2 hours I decide to check out what the deer was that walked by. Big track on a fricken cow path. So I follow it and it comes out on the rd. Then I turn around and back track him all the way across my property past 6 stands and there is noway to get a shot at him from any stand. It was dark when he came in and he was heading off my property at that point I might try setting up on him next week.

The rut hasn't started yet by me but there were some sign but no daylight movement.

Keep at it boys and good luck.