HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Chasing Zero
Thread: Chasing Zero
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 07:01 AM
herman
Typical Buck

Default RE: Chasing Zero

I have shot at least one day a week at a public range untill this year and had to move to a club range because they closed the public range down.
I have found that 99% are glad to get help and really appreciate help.But there is a few that get upset if you offer help.
One day a young fellow set up beside me,he had only put up a target at 300 yds.He shot a couple rounds and started cussing because he didn't hit the target.I suggested he back up and offered for him to shoot one of my targets at 100 yds to see where it was hitting.He got mad packed up his stuff and left.
Over the years I have had a lot of fellows to ask me for help.And I really injoy helping if I can.
Year before last a fellow came up to me in town and asked if I remembered him,I really couldn't and he said I had helped him at the range and he had went somewhere out west and got 2 deer,the first deer he had gotten after several years of hunting.He was tickled and it made me feel good that I had helped him.
You meet all kinds of people at a public range,I can tell lots of stories about some that I have met at the range.
One morning I got to the range and there was a man and his wife there,I asked if it was ok for me to put some targets out and he said it was ok he was finished.He and his wife walked out to the 100 yd target with me and he said he just couldn't understand why his new 270wsm wouldn't hit closer to the bulleye,he had shot a box of bullets.I asked if he had turned the turrets.He asked what that was.
I haven't been shot for asking someone if they wanted help but sure have gotten some great Thank Yous for offering.