HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Almost a Statistic This Morning
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2008, 05:09 AM
4evrhtn
Typical Buck

Default RE: Almost a Statistic This Morning

I agree, I have a Summit Goliath, absolutely LOVE that climber. Wouldn't buy anything but a summit climber- light, quiet, easy to use, and COMFORTABLE. I also hunt high, same range as you. My take on it is this... I spend alot of money on being scent free, spend alot of time scouting, spend alot of hours in the woods. If I can get 25 or 30 ft up and out of a deer's sense of sight and smell, I have him beat instead of him busting me. Nothing sucks more (except seeing no deer) than to sit all day waiting for the moment a good buck walks in front of you only to have him smell you or see something isn't right(6ft tall mass growing out the tree just a few feet of the ground), blow and run off just out of range.
I watched a young 4 pointer come from downwind of me. I was 28' up an oak tree. He noticed the shape of the tree wasn't right and kept looking. He would look away briefly only to make quick glances at me trying to catch me moving, he must have done this at least 30 times. If a young deer can pick me out from that height an older more wise deer will definitely bust you if you hunt only a few feet off the ground. Being high beats their two most acute senses (smell and sight). Overcome them and you increase your chances at success.