HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Nock Em Dead Thread (30)
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 08:26 PM
BowHunter46
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 30 Thread

ORIGINAL: Canuck_2

Bowhunter46, that was quite an evening you had. Sure too bad about the buck, but perhaps you'll get him yet.
You bet. Besides the fact that I didn't get the deer, it was an awsome experience. Its moments like that when I'm remided why I bow hunt.

This evening was also a good one. I went to a stand that I hadn't been to since Oct. 11. On the way in, I jumped a small buck 20 yards in front of my stand. As that buck was high-tailin it outta there, a greyfox trotted in. He walked up onto a log and laid down. He spooked after I tried sneaking past him. This all occures as Im standing 30 yards away from my stand. As I'm climbing the ladder, I hear footsteps behind me. I turned to see a good buck sneaking his way through the brush. Igot to the platform of my stand, took off my orange hat, and threw up my camo hood. He was starting away from me, hot on the trail of a doe would be my guess. I started rattling. He turned and looked my direction, but I could tell he would much rather continue in the direction he was already headed. He looked in my direction for 10 minutes before finally continuing on. My guess is that he scored around 115". He was a beautiful 8 that was wide with long tines. After all that action, I finally got a chance to sit down.[&:]

I didn't see anything the rest of the evening, but did notice two nice scrapes and a rub 10 yards to the left of my stand. It should be an interesting rest of the season.