HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone fly w/Delta or Continental this season w/a bow case?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:15 PM
midsouth_hunter
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone fly w/Delta or Continental this season w/a bow case?

I beleive the standard is 50 lbs and 62". My bowcase on the airlines in the past years has not had any problems (SKB Double Bowcase) but my local archery shop was warning me the other day about an overly critical airline employee they encountered. The airline employeewas saying their case was 64" and had to charge them an excess fee. He had the airline manager out there measuring the case with several different tapes and they finally concluded it was 62". The airline industryhave turned into some real a__holes. Flying is no longer enjoyable. You have to deal with the security procedures, rude employeesand the thought of them losing your bowcase going on a hunt. UPS, FedEx is a smarter way of doing it. On my return trip last year from a hunt, AA lost my bowcase.I wasveryirritated andthe agenttold me I could not do anything until the bowcase had been missing for 10+ days. They finally found it in DFW and sent it on the next aircraft but I could only imagined if they had lost it on the flight to my hunting trip. Sorry so lengthy post. It is a sore subject with me. I FedEx'ed my case this time. Leaving next week