HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone ever resole their hunting boots?
Old 10-29-2008, 06:01 AM
mouthcaller
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone ever resole their hunting boots?

You can't get them resoled because the sole is glued on not stitched.

Rockys are made in China. The quality has drastically deteriorated in the past 5-10 years. They are made to be worn and thrown away.

Get a pair of Danner stitchdown's and you will haveboot that will last and can be refurbished. The last pair of Danner Acadias I had lasted from 1988 till 2007. Those boots were my primary turkey and early season deer hunting boots and I loved them. I replaced them with an identical pair. I kept them reasonably clean and used Danner boot dressing at least once, sometimes twice, yearly.

Danners are pricey but well worth it in my opinion. They are starting to outsource the production of some of their boots in China so make sure you are buying one of their American made models. Acadia and Pronghorn are two of my favorites.

A good friendand hunting buddy of mine was VP of sales for Rocky boots. He left the company recently because of his frustration with the loss of quality and is starting his own brand. He ised togive my Dad two pair of boots each time he came hunting with us and none of those boots lasted longer than 2-3 years.