HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)
Old 10-26-2008, 06:42 PM
NY/Al
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

You rock Dave! Thats one heck of a buck!

Fran- good to hear your all straightned around bud, you got some karma commin your way...

Jason- keep at it, we need more bone!

Everyone else- keep it real!

As for me, I took this morning off to help my pops out with a few things and re-charge the batteries. We started off at the coffee shop where i over heard one of his buddies talking about the big buck that comes out in the fieldbehind his house every morning. So me, being the gentleman that I am, offer to get rid of this pesky vermin, and since ive known this guy about all my life, he tells me to have at it. He owns a whopping 15 acres of woods, and the about 100 acres of field, that is planted corn this year, uncut right now. The woods is 6 acres apple orchard, 2 acre swamp with standing water, and the rest anew growth hardwoods. And, you guessed it, its all just absolutly tore up with sign. Rubs, humongo tracks, and scrapes galore. This is about 1.5 miles from where I took the vid of that smasher 9pt, but I highly doubt that its this buck in there. If it is, i'll crap.

So this afternoon I went in there to scout, I pretty much trampled all over power scouting but it really had to be done, so I could get the full feel of this place. I wouldnt have went right in there, if I hadnt known that it was gonna rain like it was, but I knew whatever I left behind would soon be washed away with the rain. Im pumped, i'll be in there when I get a good wind.

On a crappy note, my buddy that shot that buck yesterday lost his grandpa to cancer early this morning. Talk about going from on top of the world, down to the trenches. I'll loose a day of hunting or two this week, but hunting takes a back seat to this. It really sucks, but thats the harsh reality of life I suppose. Atleasthis grandpagot to see his grandsons first bow buck, im sure he died a happy man.