HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)
Old 10-26-2008, 02:39 PM
SouthDakotaHunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (Returning Champs) (13)

ORIGINAL: BlueRanger1
But i have good news my
vacation just started and i shot a nice 10 yesterday!
Will have pics in a day or 2.
Awesome!! Can't wait to see the pics!!!

I got busted this weeked to (first time in a while) - so don't feel bad Mike Course mine was just a couple of does....

Wind was suppose to be out of the SSW - but it was pretty still and was coming in the from East actually.... Dammit

Had 5 does, a group of 2 then 3. I called both both groups in with a grunt call believe it or not. That pair that busted me was pretty cool actually how it went down. I hit the grunt call hard. They actally were a couple of hundred yards on the other side of the river - cool to see them cross, come out of the water and shake off like a dog then just RUN right into me. They stopped at just under 30 yards. I was going to shoot one of them, but that's whenI got busted... [:@]

Wasn't sure about the whole early rut prediction thing this year (with the late rut/harvest moon) - but I have to say I starting to buy into it a bit. I've seen a lot of does this year and not ONE buck (even a small one) with them.... They were chasing and seeking last year around this time....