HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pistols?
Thread: Pistols?
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 08:46 AM
2FNSLO
Spike

Default RE: Pistols?

ORIGINAL: jkm03003

Is there much difference in the Taurus and Smith/Wesson. And how much difference in recoil between a .357 and .44 mag. I have a .357 but consideringnew .44.
Not much difference in my dad's Taurus and my Smith 629 Classic. I belive the Taurus is just a copy of the smith. I'm sure someone will say the Smith is a lot better handgun, but I don't see it really.
As far as recoil, that is tough because it is going to depend on the gun. For example, my 9 1/2" SRH with a scope has very little preceived recoil with target loads compaired to light .357 with a hot load. Even porting can effect the recoil.
All three of my 44's have different felt recoil with the same loads. My 629 has an 8 3/8" barrel, my SRH has the 9 1/2" barrel, and my Contender has a 14" barrel. The SRH is the heaviest and is the most comfortable to shoot. The Contender is next but the recoil is different. It seems to push straight back. The 629 seems to have a lot more muzzle rise, but then again, it is the lightest of the three.