HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My first of the year!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 10:00 PM
deerslayer223
Nontypical Buck

Default My first of the year!

I was able to harvest my first deer of the season with my trusty horton legend xt175 on wednesday the 15th. I had hip surgery on September 23rd so my mobility this year is non exhistant atleast for a few weeks. I built myself a ground blind out of haybails over looking a 1/2acre plot of throw and grow. Since my mobility is lacking i've been hunting off my john deere gator.I've been throwing some camo burlap over thefront that along with the haybails hid me great. I had seen this doe along with a fawn 2 other times this year both times she was within 20yd but did not offer a shot. Finally wednesday night she came up the same trail as before I saw where she was going to enter the plot so i took my rangefinder gave it a quick click 25yd. I prepared myself and waited. She stopped right at the mark i ranged slightly quartering into me but still a good shot. I decided to try to drive it through the nearside shoulder. At the shot she did a slight twist and I caught her in the spine. Not exactaly the shot I was hoping for but it worked. I had to administer a finishing shot and than it was all over. Shes a very large doe and I couldn't be happier. Now for some horns! I have to give some props to the rage broadheads also. Worked like a champ for the 2nd year in a row the damage they make impresses me alot!