HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 1st buck down
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Joshhuff99
Spike

Default 1st buck down

well i killed my first buck with a bow this week. This is my second year to really bow hunt. Killed a couple of does last year but no buck. It was a morning hunt and about 7 am he stepped out of the ravine with a doe and a yearling about 80 yards and started walking towards me. When all of a sudden something spooked them and they jumped back down the ravine. For the next 45 or 50 minutes i had to sit there and watch them and a couple other small bucks who came inot the picture feed along at about 80 yards. Knowing in my mind that they were not going to come my way. BUT they did. One by one they trickled my way. And at one point i had a small 8 point at about 15 steps but waited to this bigger 8 point to come out. He finally did and at 20 yards i shot him and he ran about 25 yards and stood there and wobbled for about 10 seconds and then fell over dead. Overall it was awesome but man it was tough watching those deer for that long. I have always gun hunted and i was sick thinking about them walking the other way and me not even getting a shot.

I have pictures but don't know how to upload them. It keeps saying file to large. what do i do