HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting Muleys?? Ever try it?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 03:53 AM
pheasantHUNTER121
Spike

Default Bowhunting Muleys?? Ever try it?

Well this is my year, atleast I hope so. Over thanksgiving I am headed out to western Kansas to chase after a mule deer. From what I hear its one of the greatest challenges bowhunting presents, and only know of two people from out there being successful at it. One being my uncle, but he's in Montana now. What suggestions would you guys have to give me? I talked to my Grandpa the other day, and he told me they are most likely goping to be in Milo Harvest which will help out a ton giving me a few extra eyes spotting deer for me. I also know the general area alot of deer hang around, working out there all summer I was able to see few of nice mature 4x4's and still had a few inches of bone to grow. I know the bowhunting forum gets alot of attention by whitetail hunters, but I know even you guys got some tips for me. I just wanna go at with the most knowledge possible.
Also Ive been practicing alot at 50-60 yards and have been shooting around a 5-6inch pattern with a stray arrow here and there a couple inches off, the farthest Ive shot any deer was 30yards so would you guys think it would be unreasonable to shoot at one if he was say 50yards? If I have the chance that is?