HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Traded Guardian 4 Admiral
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Buck442

Default Traded Guardian 4 Admiral

I called the local shop Monday and the Admiral just came in off the truck. I loved my Guardian but it was long and heavy. My favorite bow of all time was my Tribute which I traded for the Guardian and now repurchased a 07 Triby. Any way the new Admiral fits my bill, short, quiet and fast. I have shot it about 50 times thus far and overall very pleased. It is light and as expected dead in the hand. The new string suppressor works much better in the lower position. The draw comes on early and stays consistent with a nice fade the intoletoff with a very solid wall. Something that I am not sure about is it is set at 63lb with a 28.5 setting on length and after breakover you are only holding 6-7lbs? You can creep with this bow like crazy without it breaking over, compared to my trubute which only lets you creep very and I mean very little. I like the center pivot setup and now like it even more since they have removed all of the e-clips.

I have had two issues with the new bow however. I started hearing a grinding noise when I drew the bow back so I started looking it over. I noticed that the upper cam was rubbing on the down cable. I took it to the shop and had them look it over. After much inspection we discovered that it was not the cable that was making the noise but the roller guard. The bearing had partially came out or was not installed correctly and the two rollers were grinding metal to metal. We took it off and inserted the bearing again and shimmed it up and all was well.

The shop owner called his bowtech rep while I was standing next to him and discussed the cable issue. Bowtech was aware of the issue and said they had one in a machine with 6000 shots and no issues from the rubbing but they were trying to address the issue. I expect they will have to send some new cams or something to rectify the rubbing issue. We tried twisting the cables each way to fix the contact with no avail. Now it is just barley making contact but the timing marks do not match. I am set to take it back this week to have the new roller guards installed and I will try to get them to get it back in time then also.

This bow is a Dream to shoot and pack in the woods so I will work through the issues and use the 07 Tribby untill all is well. I am confident that Bowtech will make it right as they have rectified any issues I have had in the past....which was only one issue on my Guardian and they will do so in a timley manner.

I will keep you posted to the updates as they transpire.

2009 Admiral
28.5 Draw
62lbs
420 Gr Easton
D Loop
Ripcord res.....tI have some pics of tehe bow but too large to post if someone knows how I ccan email.