HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wanna Hunt my Private Land for FREE!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 07:58 AM
WWhunter
Fork Horn

Default Wanna Hunt my Private Land for FREE!!!

NOT!!! What the heck is with some people? I own and maintain 120 acres.My land is completely surrounded by state forest lands and I can not believe the attitude of some people. I plant food plots, maintain and cut trails, cut fields, plant trees and other things to benefit wildlife habitat and of course to improve my hunting area. I can't understand how some people can think that it is all done for free. I have asked people for help, needed work done that required heavy equiptment, etc and never had an offer for assistance ONE time. Sure, they'll do the work for a fee, then they turn around and expect me to allow them to hunt for free!!! I spend several thousand dollars each year on seed, fertilizer and just lots of hard work and they expect me to allow them to hunt for nothing!! As you can tell, I'm a little pi$$ed!!.
It's just as bad when all the "out-of-towners" show up and think every piece of land up here is public hunting land where they can hunt, throw out there trash, cut trees down, drive there ATV's, and generally just disrespect everything around.
I even allowed a kid and his dad to use one of my stands for his first hunt. ( I love to help out kids and get them involved in hunting)I told him exactly what time the deer would come out and where they would come out from. I could watch them from one of my other stands. I saw the deer come out....he shot and wounded it. They looked about 5 minutes and said, oh well, guess it isn't hurt bad and then proceeded to say they had to leave so they could get home in time. The next day I climbed up in the stand I had let them use...there were food and candy wrappers laying all over the floor. Oh, I guess I should say the reason I climbed up the stand....there was trash on the ground below the stand. I was furious!! I really didn't know these people well and was just wanting to help the kid out. Well, IT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!
Okay, Guess I'll quit ranting before I get really carried away.
WW