HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Some SOB stole my ladder stand again
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 07:05 PM
nybuckboy
Fork Horn

Default Some SOB stole my ladder stand again

This is the second time some scumbag... lowlife... snake in the grass... thievingjerk robbed me of another ladder stand. The first time was just after gun season ended in 2006. I had shot an 8 pt off this stand set up in a corner of a field on the last Sat of the season. I came back the following Sat for muzzle load and some lowlife stole the 3 sections of ladder and left the seat section. It was padlocked on with a cable and lock.

I put a new one up in the spring of 2007 in the same spot. This time I bolted the sections together and then padlocked with the same cable to the tree. I used it all last season and even check it out last Sat afternoon. I went up tomight to spot some deer and check on some mock scrapes and it was gone. This time the whole thing.

If it wasn't such a good spot I'd say screw-it... but it is a good spot. So I'm gonna use log chain and a heavy padlock and try again. I bought another 15' Gander Stand. I only buy the $60 stands because of these lowlife... snake in the grass... SOBitchin scumbags's..

This time I plan to inscribe with a dremel tool, my name on a rung at the 5' level with my phone number. Maybe this will deter them. I'm convinced itis the same lowlife... you what again. I plan to do the same inscription on all 8 ladder stands.

Any other thoughts? Oh yeah this is on private and I have permission to hunt.