HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)
Old 10-08-2008, 06:01 PM
zs93
Fork Horn

Default RE: Offical Team 17 thread

OK guys I finally got the pics and antlers back to be scored. I posted them in the official standings board. Now to the story........
I planned all week to take my 6 year old son out with me hunting on Saturday nite. Of course whenI told him on like Tuesday he was excited all week. After picking pumpkins with the family on Saturday me and him were able to sneak out and put a couple hours in. It was his first time actually hunting seriously with me. I have a double bull dark horse blind set up on the edge of a soybean field which is still green so I figured why not go there. After about 20 minutes we had some turkeys come out about 20 yards in front of the blind and he was telling me to shoot them, I told him no we are deer hunting. After about an hour he tells me "I told you, you should have shot one of those turkeys now were not going to see anything". Another half hour passes and the first deer comes out, a doe about 70 yards and then another doe. After about 10 more minutes a little six point followed by a fork horn come out at about 20 yards. Five minutes after those two comes this ten point, first instinct told me not to shoot but my son really wanted me to shoot as you can imagine. So I watched him and then made my decision to shoot him. I hit him a little back as he was quartering away a little. No more did the deer run off and my son was ready to go after him, like now. Of course, we we made the decision to wait a few hours. We went to my brothers and waited, then we packed up my nephew and son and went to look for him. After about 75 yards we found him piled up.

Here is a pic of me and my son shortly after I cleaned him out. It was about 11pm so my son was a little tired after all the excitement. I was hoping to get a little bigger one for us but the time I got to spend with my son was priceless.

I plan on still hunting so I will keep you guys in the loop on my adventures. Good Luck to the rest of you guys, I got my 100+ points now 9 more guys and we win.....