HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I Shot My Sons Bull !!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Clinty Poo

Default RE: I Shot My Sons Bull !!!!!

ORIGINAL: elknut1

Clint--nothing easy about OTC elk hunting for sure! Your chances of filling an ID elk tag would be according to ones elk hunting experience! The Zone we hunt has a 6.6% success ratio. There were more than 2000 hunters in this zone this year, you can see most go home with nothing, so nope, it's not a slam dunk hunt, not even close! The country is rough to boot & takes a willing heart as well as a fit person to be able to hunt day after day! Good Luck!

ElkNut1
I got the fitness part down and I'm a decent hunter/caller. Not a pro by anymeans but I've done my fair share of research and listening to the wiley critters. Some of the terrain I hunt in northeastern washington is pretty rough stuff. I had to grab the little tree's growing on the side of the mountain to pull myself up/keep myself from tumbling down. My main thing is going to be finding an area out of everyones way that not too many people would be in. Thanks for the tips Elknut. I'd probably be looking at the panhandle since it's right next door to me. Do you hunt around McCall? My mom works for a Telephone company and I believe they own one of the Elk ranches around there.