HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bow sights wont line up. any help??
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 08:02 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow sights wont line up. any help??

ORIGINAL: fossbow

my arrows are the high country speed pro max 6.2 gpi which are extremely stiff but it shoots the same with my buddy's gold tip 5060 and a bunch of other random arrows i have laying around.
I've got an 07 HCA Iron Mace.... and when I read your first post... the first thing I thought was your arrows were probably weak. If you are shooting the speed pro max's then I guess that isn't the case really, because they are extremely stiff. I haven't messed with them much myself, I use the mace to fling super heavy arrows at normal hunting speeds. Most folks are shooting about 280 or so with 380-420gr arrows.. I am shooting 280 with a 475gr arrow.... at 61#s.

The gold tip 5575s are going to be WAY weak... unless your arrow length is under 27" and you are drawing less than 60#s. I had issues, not major and not to the tune of a foot at 20 yards, with arrows last season... I was shooting 400s and 3-49 ACCs... weak spine.... went to 340 Axis with a 125gr head..... beautiful flight... dead nuts accuracy.

Here is what I would try.... get everything back to square one.... check the nock height (I set mine 1/8" high), get the center shot back in square, bottom the limb bolts out and then back them off evenly... and take 1/4 to 1/2 turn out of the top one only.... (see the dynamic tiller tuning sticky... it works) ....... then I would first monkey with a couple different field point weights on that pro max. If you have any super stiff arrows (not super light) laying around, you might want to try those out. Use a couple different field points... see what happens.

Now, as far as your sights are concerned... are you just stressing because they aren't in a perfect line with the string? Thats not a big deal... move the sights.... if you shoot with both eyes open and are right handed... then SHOULD be to the left of the string and the arrow as it sits at brace with an arrow nocked. Don't worry about where the sights are... just worry about how it performs.