HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Spider bull has been killed
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 09:09 AM
DM

Default RE: Spider bull has been killed

ORIGINAL: CAelknuts

Hillbillyhunter, perhaps you should pay a little more attention to what others write. I never did say "absolutely not" about the things they did or didn't do. I was there, and saw more than just about anyone else who is posting on here. They struck me as decent and ethical hunters from what I saw, and that is more than I can say about some of the DIY hunters who I encountered. I'm simply passing along observations of what I saw, and the opinions I developed as a result of my observations. Where you got the "absolutely not" comment is beyond me. As for blocking roads, I spoke with one of the people involved with some trees being cut down, and he told me in no uncertain terms it was done by the landowner because he didn't want everyone driving on roads that led through the middle of his property. I don't have a problem with that, but do have a problem with people who couldn't even find their way to the unit today saying it was someone else. That's nothing more than clueless speculation.

Barebackjack, It's interesting that you think the fact that I'm from California explains my viewpoint. I don't know where you're from, or care. I guess you don't realize, or perhaps you don't care, that I might be the only person posting about this elk who was actually elk hunting in the same unit, in the same places as the Mossback guides and hunter, along with quite a few other draw tag hunters. In case you don't quite comprehend what I just said -- I WAS THERE. Were you? I saw these guys hunting, I know where they hunted and have a good idea of how they hunted. I ran into them a couple times, either in town when buying supplies or out in the field. We drove past each others camps on our way to places we were each hunting many days. I even talked to them a few times (god forbid!) about not only the spider bull, but some other nice bulls too. So, do you get it that I have a little different perspective than just about everyone else who is posting on here?

Denny Austad arrived the evening of August 30th from what I was told, and he was still hunting hard when my season ended on September 12th. I never ran into any of the Mossback guides or Mr. Austad out riding quads fifteen minutes after shooting light in the morning, but I did have more encounters with DIY hunter's possees like that than I'd have preferred. More than a few of the draw tag hunters had multiple helpers, heck I even hadone buddy along with me. The times that I went past the Mossback camp, I never saw more than five or six trucks there, and that was at times when they were in camp, i.e. at night. These guys busted their butts and hunted hard, including Mr. Austad. I say that from being there and observing them, not from hundreds or thousands of miles away with nothing more than an opinion, like some others on here are doing.

I wasn't there yesterday when they killed that bull, but from what I saw when I was there, the guys in the picture were probably the entire crew that was hunting him. And that doesn't make them all that different than some of the other hunters who had elk tags on Monroe, DIY or guided.

You may be biased against my comments because I'm from California. That just indicates that you're a closed minded individual. The fact that you're commmenting on a situation of which you have no first hand experience proves that it doesn't matter where you're from to be clueless. You are proving that clueless people live in states other than California. I imagine that all fifty states (57 states if you're Mr. Obama) have clueless people with opinions. You don't even have a clue where they were camped, hunted, missed the bull last week or killed him yesterday, other than the unit name and state. I have firsthand knowlege of nearly every one of those aspects that I just mentioned, so how long do you care to debate this?
WOW! All of that, and it still puts you behind deeker, who actually "lives right there"... I'd call that first hand knowledge "all year long", not just a few days out of the year.

BTW, i heard about the tatics those guys use, long before the spider bull was taken.

Also, it should be against the law, to be able to huntlonger, just because your rich! We all own those animials, and having money should NOT alow you to be able to hunt longer than me, just because i can't pony up the $$$.

DM