HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Good news / Bad news / worse news
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 05:38 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Good news / Bad news / worse news

I am very sorry to hear of your additional health concerns. It seems some people never get a brake in that department. You unfortunately are one of those people. All I can say is stay positive, and understand there are family, friends, anda lot of strangers who's lives you have touched that are pulling for you.

As for the deer herds, all States have the right to manage their deer populations in manners they feel correct. That can mean doe hunts, changes in the kind of equipment, and the length of seasons. They need to balance the herds. Without that balance, the herds suffer health problems and can pose a realthreat to motorist. As well as cause damage to the the surrounding habitat.

As for the approval of your father, while all of us like to believe that our actions are supported by our parents, spouse, and friends we can not live our lives according to their expectations. I have little doubt of your honesty and integrity and I feel you would never have taken a doe if you felt for one second your actions would have damaged the deer herd or been illegal. So the consolation is while your father did not wish to acknowledge your accomplishment and share in your enjoyment of the moments, who really lost out? He did in my opinion. Hold your head high, appreciate the opportunity you had to hunt, and simply don't invite him over for venison dinner.. if that's the way he feels.