HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First weekend hunting - took a young doe...
Old 09-28-2008, 07:14 PM
LittleChief
Nontypical Buck

Default First weekend hunting - took a young doe...

AND TWO DOGS! (no, it's not a bad thing)

Saturday turned out to be an eventful day. I climbed into my stand at 5:00 am just as planned. Once I had everything situated, I turned my light off and sat down in the pitch black. Finally, the light started to creep in and the hunt was on. Well, despite high hopes for that particular location, I saw nothing theyesterday day.This morning, I got back on stand at 5:30. At about 6:30, I saw a doe walking the old tram that ran across 40 yards out. I figured she wasn't going to present a shot. She walked past, then entered the woods and turned back the other way. When she turned and started walking towards me, I stood up and grabbed the bow. Before I could tell for sure, I figured since she was a doe and alone, she was a young one, but I was going to take her anyway. She walked straight to the base of my tree without presenting a shot, then turned left, walked 10 yards out and turned broadside and looked away. Well, that's an easy one! I drew, bent at the waist, closed one eye and centered the top pin, opened the eye, settled the pin and released.She wheeled andran back the way she came for about 40 yards, the I watched her stop, look back, lose her balance and fall over.I love seeing that. Here's a pic just to keep me out of trouble.