HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NYS bow hunting license
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 06:57 AM
nybowhunter
Typical Buck

Default RE: NYS bow hunting license

I just signed my 12 y/o up for a 3 day (5:30 -9:30) hunter safety course in Lockport, NY, region 9.I took the class when I was a Boy Scout (I think it was maybe 6 hours in the 70's) and again when my oldest went through it in 2002.Personally, I thinkone course should cover everything. There is no need to tack on an additional classfor bow. Also, online courses should be made more readily available.

Part of the problem our legislators have is the in-fighting among hunters when it comes to laws. They see that we can't agree on what should or shouldn't be allowed and it makes it very difficult to get anything changed. Cross bow is the perfect example. They will not introduce cross bow becasue of our own people not wanting it. We have enough problems with the Antis let alone our own hunters. So, we lose more hunters and the in-fighting continues. People really need to start looking at the big picture instead of simple protecting their little world. To add to my point, just look at the fighting this post has caused. How do you expect any changes to happen if we can't agree.

Guys...we are losing a percent or more of our hunters every year. We need to find a way to band together to make proper changes for the future of the sport just like our fathers and Grand faters did for us.