HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NC Guys- Anyone heard of a season change next year
Old 09-27-2008, 09:26 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: NC Guys- Anyone heard of a season change next year

I've heard the same thing.....and I've seen several petitions to stop it.

It won't affect me, really.....but you can bet your ass I'll be at every meeting voicing my opposition to it....even if I have to carpool with others to get to some of the meetings.

We (north carolinians) need to wake up, though. They're trying to tell us something. We're not taking enough does. In my opinion, we could do the following things to aid in the taking of more does, though:

1. Stop the SILLY rule that virtually unlimited does can only be taken on certain grounds in certain times of the season. When we kill too MANY.....THEN make an adjustment. That's NEVER been the problem, here.

2. Extend the freakin season! WHY is this so hard to grasp? DUH!!!!

3. Implement an EAB program in certain areas/zones.....and MAKE the hunter check them in. It'll have costs associated with it (more NCWRC personnel needed at check stations)....but it'll prevent "some" unethical behavior.....and they could quit giving away extra doe tags and charge $5 for each PAIR issued. That's not a lot of money....but it would probably pay for the program I mention.

There have to be other alternatives....but the one proposed is ludicrous. "Maybe" they're trying to send us a wake-up call. If so....I hope a lot of people wake up.....and start taking freakin does!