HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Peep Sight Question. Help Hurry.
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 04:05 PM
bscman

Default RE: Peep Sight Question. Help Hurry.

I've gone 2-3 years before having to replace the rubber tubing on my peeps...
I second the idea that you're tying them too tight.

I hear a lot of complaints at my club about constantly having to take the bow into the shop to have the string twisted and tweaked in order for their tubelesspeeps to align...and the very next shoot, they're off again. It takes time to "train" the string.

If you want to upgrade to a tubeless peep, realize that they don't always work well with "cheap" strings. Cheap strings stretch more, and you'll be fighting peep alignment. So if you've got the "typical" bow with factory strings, you might consider an upgrade.

I've also seen the metal "screw on" string loops come free and fly back into the shooters face (or crowd). The older steel ones would eat up release jaws...then when people switched back to a string loop, the release would wear out the loop in short order.

Yes, I still use a peep with a tube.
I'd rather sacrifice a few FPS with a rubber tube (4fps was the difference with my lights out).Some of thenewer peeps use a smaller diameter peep tubing than what used to be used--it isn't nearly as loud and weighs 1/2 as much as the older ones.

Do I like knowing I'm losing an extra 4fps with the tubing? No...
But at least I know my peep will be aligned whenmy "trophy of a lifetime" comes around.