HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mountain States Elk Hunting Opportunities, Something Wicked Your Way Comes
Old 09-24-2008, 05:57 PM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Mountain States Elk Hunting Opportunities, Something Wicked Your Way Comes

only part of the problem is that wolves are going unchecked. the other part is the breed of wolves introduced were not native to our area. they are a larger and more aggressive breed from canada, cant really call it a re-introduction because these wolves arent even the same wolves we had before.
I have heard they were transplanted but wanted to ask someone that actually lived there. So these geniuses choose an animal that has lived in close proximity with other large animals in Canada for thousands of years in a natural balance and have th audacity tounleash them into one of the richest Game herds in the entire country. It would break my heart to live there that is all I can say and especially If generations of my family had lived there as well. I think between the reduced logging activity across the west and this brilliant stroke the Elk herds will be significantly reduced. The proper thing to do would have been to introduce them to SF, LA, Washington DC and other areas where these wolf experts are located. They probably don't taste as good as Elk but they are much easier to chase down.