HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - problem i may have.....any suggestions?
Old 06-01-2003, 08:36 AM
Antler Eater
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: problem i may have.....any suggestions?

As you know it is only natural that good parents show concern when it comes time for their children to spend money, especially when they have watched you work hard for it and it isn' t any small amount. It would be sad if they didn' t show this concern so although it might seem like a problem it is really a positive thing.

We can' t expect " Mom" to understand why we want a bow that costs so much anymore than we can understand why she buys another pair of shoes when she has two dozen in her closet already. Although there is a " gender gap" I suspect Mom' s experience with your Father has " enlightened" her in what to expect from her son. Always remember, the acorn never falls to far from the tree.

In this case " Dad" should be your closest ally. Although he may not know a lot about bows he does know the " principle" involved in owning and playing with toys. I would remind Dad that an important lesson you learned from his infinite wisdom was not to purchase poor equipment and quality equipment isn' t cheap. " Sticker shock" is always an eye opener so it would be a great advantage if Dad could go shopping with you to see what a new top of the line " bare" bow cost. Then when you spend $500.00 for a bow, a sight, a release, a rest, a stabilizer, a peep, string silencers, a quiver, and some arrows it won' t seem so unreasonable. Though it might not raise you to " genius status" they may be impressed by your thorough research.

When you bring home your first bow killed deer all of these issues will be long forgotten by you. Then it will be Dad who will be going through it.