HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Clubs?
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 10:14 AM
crenshaw
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Clubs?

It all depends on the people in the club. If everyone has the same mindset it can be great. The club im in has a fairly large track and most of the guys barely hunt the available land, so i just go far away from them and its pretty nice. Every one gets along for the most part however there are differences in management techniques as some guys dont like the antler size rules, since they dont go far from the club house or they dont hunt that much. I for the most part just do my own thing and make sure i dont step on toes.

I have heard of a lot of horror stories going on at other clubs. especially when it comes to the good ol boy network stuff. Guys getting in pissing matches with each other and no one is happy for another guy getting a deer, making rules that turn the place into a nightmare, just cause one or two guys that are really involved want all the power and to make things hard on everyone else. Ive heard of things like your only allowed to take one shot at a deer, if you miss you miss.(crazy rules like that).

You just have to try and get as much info about the place as you can before you join. Make sure it fits your style of hunting.