HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Broadheads don't fly right
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 04:49 PM
TN Deer Hunter

Default RE: Broadheads don't fly right

ORIGINAL: PAHUNTERR21

Im pretty sure the TN bow season opens up this saturday. The ideas you have are correct but time isnot on his side. No one would want to make changes like your suggesting right before their season opener. If he has the bow looked at and its in tune like he has already told us I would suggest paper tuning andif he cant get the brodheads to fly right after that i would change them. The arrow/bow/shooting style is working for him with fp (3in group 40yds). Why mess around and take the chance of changing so close to the season. I would suggest what your saying if its june but its the end of september!! Im trying to help him for this sat.No one wants to question there set-up on opening day.

TN,
If your not against expandables like many are zero in your field tips throw on a rage and kill a big buck sat!(Then in the off season do what you need to do to shoot what ever brodhead you like.
Pahunter, I am not against expandables and shot some rages last year along with slick tricks also last year. I just can't get it all together this yea. I have been shooting for 4 months now and just espected the ST to be on the money as they where last year. So I didn't put any on until 2 weeks ago. And then that is when the problem started at first the where off at 20 yards. Did a little work here at the house with it then went to the pro shop for extra help and got it dead on at 20. (cam was a 1/16 out of time). Just tired of missing with it and season does start saturday went and bought 2 pacs of Rages today and perfect flight with field points out to 50 yards. So I am going to stick with them until end of season and then go back and try to see if I can figure the ST trouble out. I just prefer fixed blades to expandables but have no trouble shooting expandables. I also like the expandables because they also allow you to have a miss step in your form when excited and still make a excellent shot.