HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mountain States Elk Hunting Opportunities, Something Wicked Your Way Comes
Old 09-23-2008, 12:58 PM
starhunter21

Default RE: Mountain States Elk Hunting Opportunities, Something Wicked Your Way Comes

This is completely disgusting! If I was a law maker, or even a large Idaho business I would be embarrassed.Even if you arenot a hunter, at least take a little pride in your natural environment. I made a bit of a road trip last year up through Yellowstone, then over through Salmon ID and back. I was told I would have to hike back in a couple of miles or so to see the wolves. Not so, I saw 12 in one day hanging out on the road. It appears that the elk are moving closer to humans for protection, but the wolves are picking up on this. They had a nice 5x6 down less than 1/2 mile from the lodge, right on the road. I didn't see one moose in three days. In Salmon Idaho, spendt a day and a half looking for elk. Didn't even see a dry elk turd.

The sad truth is that it wont be long until the wolves move into Utah. Notby introduction through some tree-hugger living in SoCal, but through migration as they look for a new food source. What can be done?