HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Broadheads don't fly right
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 10:09 AM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broadheads don't fly right

ORIGINAL: PAHUNTERR21

Well I was talking about sparky steves particular issue. Anyways poor brodhead grouping and flight does not neccessarily mean shooter error or an out of tune bow. Some brodheads just wont fly true with certain set-ups(especially with the speed of new bows) and to fix the problem may mean changing your set up drastically and time really isnt on your side right now. If this were to happen to me i would go to my pro shopand make sure im not missing anything stupid like a clearance problem or knocking point..next step i would paper tune and if im not happy with the results im going to look for new brodheads. You may be able to correct the problem over time but i dont think its worth the hasstle especially since its almost october.

Tn- if your not against expandables and you cant get your slick tricks tuned in ask your pro shop if they have a rage 2 blade practice heads sitting around and try it out. I dont think its shooter error if your slick tricks are accurate at 20. Good luck!
Josh,
If a person cannot get multiple BH's to "fly true," then there IS either a BH, arrow, bow, or shooter problem. Less REALLY old bows, I'm yet to find a bow/arrow/BH set-up that cannot be tweaked to get things pretty close, and I have 3 bows sitting in my "man-room" right now that ARE tuned and shoot 3 DIFFERENT BH's to a similar POI to FP's!!!

You said you couldn't get 2 different bow to shoot where you wanted to, which leads me to believe that either one of 2 things IS TRUE, you couldn't get them tuned "perfectly," or you have a form flaw, or the BH arrow combinations was mismatched to some extent. Trust me, I'm shooting a 50-60# bow and a pair of 70# bows, at DW's of 62, 68, and 72#'s and they are all shooting the SAME arrow to a near same POI as FP's out the 40yds!!!!! Not busting your chops, but it IS possible, but it does take a little finesse, and it takes some tweaking on bow, form, and arrow/tip combinations. There are a LOT of much better bowman than I here, and they are also more than capable of making it happen with multiple set-ups. With Steve's set-up, "YES," he CAN do the Rage, or just about ANY other Mechanical BH and very likely get it done in the woods, but if he CAN tune his bow to shoot a FBH, it WILL in the end be more precisely tuned, and make his shooting better with BOTH FP's AND FBH's!!!! That really cannot be denied.