HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Broadheads don't fly right
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 03:59 AM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broadheads don't fly right

ORIGINAL: TN Deer Hunter

I am also having trouble with my slick tricks. And before any one says bow tuning it is not that. Because my bow the ATA, Brace height, Cam timing, Cam lean, Everything is dead on. Arrows have been spin tested with broadheads. Arrow spine is correct. I just can't get good flight. It is dead on with broadheads at 20 yards but anything past that is erratic. I can shoot 3 inch circles at 40 yards with field points. so what is the problem.
TN,
No offense, but the issue may be you. Are you making sure you follow through thoroughly???? Not over-gripping the bow, not torquing it, and certain that you don't have any excessive contact??? I'm shooting 3 different Fixed Blade Heads, and all 3 are flying quite well for me, but I do notice that with the largest bladed head, I do have to concentrate a little more on my follow through to ensure good groups.

PA21,
I'm making that "low poundage" bow statement as a generalization. Not referring to anyone in particular, just noting that your "quick fix" may not necessarily work for a short draw archer that is only pulling 52#'s. The BEST SOLUTION is to put the time into the bow and your form to get everything set-up CORRECT!!!