HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'm so PISSED at my buddy right now!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 09:53 PM
StruttinGobbler3
Typical Buck

Default I'm so PISSED at my buddy right now!!!

ok, kind of a long story, i just need to vent right now. a friend of mine decided he wants to get into bowhunting this year, but didn't want to spend a lot of cash. so he buys a used bow. nothing wrong with that. but heres the bad part. he goes into wal mart, picks up the cheapest arrows and broadheads they have, doesn't bother to tune his bow or even see where his broadheads are hitting, he just screws em on and goes huntinyesterday afternoon. a doe happened to walk by, he says he "guessed" her at around 45 yards, and slings an arrow at her. well, he can't find the arrow or any tracks, so he calls me to come track it for him. i found her tracks going into the woods, and i'm thinkin, whew he missed her at least he didn't wound her. not five yards later i spot blood. very dark, almost blackish blood. i'm sure everybody here knows what that means. gut shot. the fact that he couldn't find the arrow is probably because it didn't pass through. well, long story short, i told him we should back off til tomorrow. today i went back and spent 5 hours searching for this deer, and i used every tracking trick and technique i know. no deer. i'm just so pissed that he picked up a bow without even practicing and took a shot that long on top of it, with no respect for the animal. i told him exactly what i thought of it.am i right to be mad, or should i give him a break?