HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team The Horse Tamers Thread (14)
Old 09-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Schultzy
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 14 Thread

Well I got my Trail cams back being I'm done using them for bear hunting. Today I put up all 3 of my trail cams In area's that I will not be hanging tree stands or hunting In. Last year was an eye opener for me on placing trail cams out (my 1st year using them). I learned to not put them In spots I planned on hunting anymore. The bucks that were frequenting the area I had them In last year decided to no longer take the routes they were once taking before. Where I have them now Is set up on feed trails In different edges of the woods. The only thing I'm trying to find out Is where about's there coming out of the woods to feed in the beans and corn and also I'm seeing what I have for inventory. I had them out about 5 weeks ago and wasn't just to impressed with the size of bucks I was seeing. A couple 130" class bucks was the biggest I got on tape. My stands won't be going up In the spots I have the cameras. They will be going up In the staging areas where these trails come from In the bedding areas. Another thing too my cams will only be up for about 2 weeks tops In the same spot and then there coming down. Maybe even put away after that, we'll see. I'll be checking them Sunday If I don't head back on up to northern Minnesota to bear hunt again this weekend.