HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official America's Team Thread (19)
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 09:03 PM
dstubb
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official team 19 hang out...

Well after 3 days with no electricity i am finally back online. We got hit hard with the remnants of the hurricane here in Ohio. There were winds as strong as 83mph and over 500,000 people without electricity. This is like nothing i have ever experienced before in my life, the things i took for granted i now have a deep appreciation for. You couldn't get gas, ice, bread, meat, coolers, batteries, lanterns or propane anywhere around Cincinnati. Over half of our cities energy workers are down in Texas volunteering so there are now people who won't have there electricity back up for another 4-5 days. I personally had two huge maple trees up rooted in my yard and a ton of limbs fall, i had a good portion of my shingles blown off and all kinds of other damage. Also all of out refrigerated food spoiled and we had to throw it all away but still cannot get grocery's yet due to the shortage of food and stores without electricity. We are very fortunate to be among the few who have power right now. Can't wait to she what my hunting woods look like right now, with my luck every tree that i have a stand in is now lying on the forest floor.[:@].