HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - muzzleloader scope
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 09:49 PM
tazman7
Fork Horn

Default muzzleloader scope

Hi,

Today my cousin and I went to cabelas and were looking at scopes for our muzzleloaders. He shoots a CVA kodiak pro and i have a CVA Optima and my cousin was looking at a scope that wascalled a Pine Ridge 2.5-7x32 for $70.... The guy that was helping us said that usually people will spend the same amount on a scope as they did on the gun.. I am kinda new to the gun thing i am more on the archery side of hunting but I have always likes plinking around with stuff and am always looking for something new..

Now I was personally looking at the Nikon BDC scope. I liked the idea of having the different circles that mark out 100 yards, 200 yards, 300 yards...but obviously that wouldnt be the same for every gun and you cant move the circles to sight it in so its dead nuts...

What sight would you recommend for us that you can shoot when its close to getting dark and is decent enough to shoot 200 yards? I dont want something that will zoom in so much you can see yourself breathe through but I want to be able to see the deer at 200 yards out?

thanks, Todd