HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 07:12 PM
dukemichaels
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why Scent-lok is a joke. (opinion)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

quote:

Gosh. I never thought of it that way.

Now that you mention it.. you're correct.. why do I spend "big" bucks on a suit thats not even MAGICAL.

I'm such an idiot.. and thank you for pointing this out.

Next you're gonna tell me that my 15 dollar grunt call doesn't even call in deer all the time. Please don't tell me its not magical too... what will I have to live for?

I can't believe anything anymore.

Gee.. I write 1 little sarcastic comment towards the reasoning behind this thread and someone calls me an idiot over pm.

Gotta love forums and the internet.

serves ya right. No differing opinions allowed.

I personally, dont buy into it...but dont hold it against the guy that thinks it helps...Whatever floats his boat. Price is a wash anymore, as long as you buy it on sale or used. I also agree that no matter what you do, hunting the wind is still a must. But even on that, I admit I know little about wind characteristics. I check weather.com for wind speed/direction before I head out, then double check upon arrival. If it is predominantly blowing in the right direction, I head to stand.

Do I think it helps? Well no, but doesn't mean it is garbage. Still quality threads no matter what. The ONLY thing that gets me about scentlok is their logo...you know the "forget the wind, just hunt." slogan. How idiotic.

Plenty of things are questionable on whether they are worth it. Its up to individuals to decide whether or not a certain product will work for them.

Who Cares really? I used to despise scentlok as well...but once I thought about it...who cares? Why on earth would I let the type of clothes some hunter 2 states away wears when he brags em up? I dont care anymore...nothing can be gained by bashing scentlok or praising it even for that matter. Ive seen science disproving it, but SL apparently has science proving it. Who cares. Ill go on hunting without it, and Ill likely survive...as will SL. No biggie, use whatever clothes yall want. Just don't go spewing the bs about how amazing it works.

BTW, this wasnt directed at you Duke...I agree with your first post, even though I dont believe in the product. Different strokes for different folks.

Hoyt and Benelli.....Best of the Best.

Trevor
Tembry.. I didn't take anything personal.. never do. Unless of course you pm me and call me a name.. what's that all about..(dude who called me a name)

I never have and never will push a product at another. I reccomend things when asked.. but never push. I don't care what you use.. I listen when it works for you.. but I don't care right off the bat.

It's funny you say the "forget the wind just hunt".. that's what the author was getting at. How he thought it was inappropriate and stupid really that they (the hunters on tv) couldn't just forget the wind.

Heck.. who doesn't believe the slogans bad? But its just a slogan.. nothing in this world is magical.

A chevy isn't really like a rock..

and a pepsi isn't really the choice of a new generation. I am the new generation.. and I prefer coke.

They are slogans. And I can't fathom why so many fight the slogan issue.

Peace my brothers and my sisters.

and ps- stop calling me names over pm..[>:]