HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team 2 Rut Busters Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2008, 07:42 PM
whitetaildreamer
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 2 Thread

Great picture of the little one and the bear. It's one that you will treasure even more as she gets older. Yes, it is very nice to meet you alland thiscontest will provide usan opportunity to get to know each other a little better. Only 3 of us ever checked in on my last year's team so I think I've done far better than that already.I'm also very interested in the techniques that you guys may be using and how they may be similar and/or different than mine. (I supposegeographic location will dictate our individual styles of hunting). I will behunting in the interlake area of the province of Manitoba. If you look on a map (I'll post a link once I have my stuff together), it's and area between lake Manitoba and Lake Winnipeg (which is the 7th largest fresh water lake in the world). It's an area of mostly graze land (not very good farm land once you get 50 miles or so north of Winnipeg)withthick boreal forest. At times tough hunting but one thing we do have is very big animals (antler and esp. body). A 200 lb. field dressed buck doesn't ever get a second look when you stop asat a gas station. With that said the pressure is on to produce for you boys. Here's a pic from 2 years ago.