HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How do you control neighbors dogs??
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: How do you control neighbors dogs??

Well now that you already made an issue of it and made reports and everything if you decide to shoot them you are going to be the first person they come looking to. And I would imagine it is very illegal to do so. If that is the route you wanted to take you should have done it right off the bat and never said anything to anyone about. And if you do do that, make darn you sure you drop them. If a wounded animal wanders back home you could be a boat load of trouble. Don't poison them, that is a horrible way to go and not very humane.

Check to see if there are any zoning laws in your area that limits the amounts of pets you can own. Some places will not allow someone to own that many dogs unless they are a registered dog breeder/kennel. And I would assume you would need a license and permits for that. And obey all laws, like not letting them run wild.

I say at this point have another talk with the law and see what your options are. Video and or pictures probably wouldn't hurt. And if you could prove they were doing damage to your property it might help even more. Like if one were to attack one of your pets, livestock or threaten a family member. Then it would no longer be a simple trespassing issue.

Paul