HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Horn Ultimatum Thread (38)
Old 09-05-2008, 01:13 PM
trouthunter

Default RE: Official Team Horn Ultimatum (38) Thread

My archery season started Aug 30th, so I've been into it a week now, but not out much yet. I'll be targeting different areas (and species) thru out the fall all the way until mid December. Right now I'm trying to find a couple muliebucks I scouted out near my home. Just moved to this area so it is all new. I have several resident does living around my place, so hopefully the bucks will be lurking. I just got permission to hunt some rocky bluffs near some cattle land only 1/4 mile from my place. I went out this morning and glassed the area for some hiding spots and observed a few doe families milling about. This country is very open and will be a spot & stalk hunt. Next seasonI hope to have some food plots in on my lower 3 acres and tree stand hunt, but this season I'll be a-foot. Here is a photo of a doe (on the right of the pic) and a rocky area (on the left) where I can slip into some bluffs. It looks like I should be able to find a funnel to the feeding area and maybe catch a buck early morning or late evening. I'll post the photo of my resident doe taken out my back door in the alfalfa feild as well.

-Scott