HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wrong Arrows???
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 08:41 PM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wrong Arrows???

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Sounds liek you may be underspined, id try the same arrow in 400.
340 is the RIGHT spine, 400's are a lower spine than 340's!!!!

XXXL,
If you have arrows already on order, don't get them cut quite that short. You've got a 30" DL, you don't really gain that much by shorting yourself on arrows, 3-5fps really ain't that much of a gain, for arrows that could be more of a problem than benefit. Also, get rid of the light little 75gr tip, because it's WAY TOO LIGHT, and that is likely part of your problem. Get your FOC up around 12% or better, and your arrows will fly better. You're actually OVERSPINED significantly, with an FOC of only about 8%, which IS the main problem with your set-up. Also as said above, you will be surprised how much you gain by getting a little "better" arrow. The Cabela's Arrows in my sig. line are pretty good quality and I'm getting them for $52/dozen, cut to my specifications, and then I do them up with vanes of blazers depending on what bow I'm shooting them out of. The easily run under $70/dozen for .003 straightness arrows at 9.3gpi, and a +/- 2gr variance per dozen. Not the best arrows by spec's, but certainly tough arrows that have treated me quite well. I have RH'd 6 of them in the past few years, so their pretty consistent for that to have happened, and those RH's were with 3 different bows.